Poole’s Plumbing, Inc. is closely monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and we would like to share the processes we have put in place to contain this virus.
In order to protect against exposure to COVID-19, Poole’s Plumbing, Inc. has recommended, and is actively reinforcing, all employees follow these hygiene habits:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay completely away from people who are sick.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently any touched objects and surfaces.
- Staying at home when sick and seeking appropriate medical care.
- Staying out of restaurants and bars and avoiding groups greater than 10 outside of work.
- Avoid all air travel
Poole’s Plumbing has also implemented some of the interim safety guidelines set forth from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will update this interim guidance as needed and as additional information becomes available. Poole’s Plumbing will continue to monitor this information and update our guidelines appropriately. These company mandated guidelines include:
- Employees who have a fever of 100.4° F [38.0° C] or greater , are mandated to stay home and not come to work. They will not be allowed to return to work until free from fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- Employees who have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) are mandated to stay home. Should they become sick during the day, they will be separated from other employees and sent home immediately.
- Poole’s has provided soap and water and alcohol-based hand rubs throughout the workplace.
Poole’s Plumbing is taking additional steps within our service department to protect the health of our customers and our employees while providing service to our customers within their homes. These steps include:
- Service technicians and their helpers will be monitored each morning by their supervisors to ensure they do not exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Each service employee will have his/her temperature taken each morning to ensure they are free of fever (100.4° F [38.0° C] or greater).
- Employee uniforms will be clean and fresh daily.
- We will be asking customers if they have any members of their household showing signs of Coronavirus symptoms to ensure we do not go to a home where someone may be impacted.
- For the safety of each employee as well as for the safety of the customer, each employee will wear a mask covering their nose and mouth and rubber gloves while inside the customer home.
We take the health of our clients and employees very seriously and will continue to monitor the outbreak and update our guidelines appropriately.
Robert K Poole
Poole’s Plumbing, Inc.