It’s that time of year again!
Autumn Plumbing Tips — Oh, the hot and humid days of summer are coming to an end, the trees are to show off soon, the leaves of changing color, the air is getting cooler, and you need to start making a list and thinking about preparing your home for the autumn season. One of the most important things you can do to prepare your home for autumn is to ensure all of your plumbing is in good working order. Here are a few tips to help you get your pipes, water heater, and sump pump ready for the autumn season:
- Drain and clean your gutters. Leaves, sticks, and other debris may get stuck in and clog your gutters, which can lead to water damage to your home. So, remove all leaves and debris from your gutters before the rains begin.
- Check your outdoor faucets for leaks. Autumn is the perfect season and an excellent time to check your outdoor faucets for leaks. If you find a leak, repair it before the cold weather sets in.
- Insulate your pipes. Pipes can freeze and burst if they are not adequately insulated. Be sure to wrap any exposed pipes in insulation to protect them from the cold weather.
- Drain and flush your water heater. Sediment may build up in your water heater over time, leading to inefficient operation and increased energy costs. Draining and flushing your water heater will remove the residue and help keep your heater running all autumn smoothly.
- Test your sump pump. The sump pump is designed and built to remove water from your basement during a flood. So, test your sump pump before the rainy season begins to ensure it is working correctly.
- Autumn is a great time to have your septic tank pumped and inspected. This will help prevent any problems from developing over the winter months.
- Keep a check on your monthly water bill. If you notice a sudden increase in your usage, it could signify a hidden leak, so ensure leaks are repaired as soon as possible to avoid costly water damage.
Following these simple tips will help you get your plumbing ready for autumn. By taking the time to prepare your plumbing for the season, you can avoid costly repairs and may keep your home safe and comfortable all autumn long.
Autumn Plumbing Tips Plumbing Gadgets for Autumn:
As the weather gets cooler and the leaves fall, it’s time to start thinking about autumnal plumbing. A few essential gadgets can help make your plumbing system more efficient and effective this season. So, go check out just a few of the items we think and have picked as the best plumbing gadgets for autumn:
- A good drain snake. A drain snake is an essential gadget and a great way to clear out any clogs that may have formed over the summer. Having one on hand is also a good idea if you experience unexpected drainage issues.
- A water pressure regulator. This is a must-have for any home with a well or other private water source. A water pressure regulator will help ensure that your water pressure is consistent, even as the weather gets cooler and the demand on your system increases.
- A tankless water heater. This type of water heater can be a great addition to any home, but it’s especially beneficial in autumn. A tankless water heater will provide hot water on demand without storing it in a tank. This can save you both space and energy.
- A quality plunger. A good plunger is always handy, but it’s essential in autumn when leaves and other debris can clog up your drains. Make sure you have a plunger that’s up for the task.
- A set of pipe insulation sleeves. Using pipe insulation sleeves is another excellent way to save energy and space in your home. Pipe insulation sleeves can help keep your pipes from freezing in the colder weather.
With these five essential gadgets, you’ll be prepared for anything autumn throws your way!