Plumbing trends in the plumbing industry is constantly evolving, and new trends are always emerging. Here are a few of the latest trends in plumbing:
There are many trends shaping the plumbing industry today. One of the most significant is the increasing focus on water conservation. This is driven both by regulatory changes and by consumer demand. More and more people are looking for ways to save water, and plumbing manufacturers respond with new gadgets and products that use less water without sacrificing performance.
Sustainability Plumbing Trends
Another major trend is the move towards sustainable plumbing solutions. This includes using environmentally friendly materials, such as recycled copper or PVC. It also includes using energy-efficient technologies, such as tankless water heaters.
There is a growing trend toward intelligent plumbing solutions. This means using technology to make plumbing systems more efficient and more accessible. For example, some manufacturers are now offering “smart” toilets that can automatically flush when they sense movement. This innovation will likely continue as consumers demand more convenience and manufacturers strive to meet those demands.
1. Smart Home Technology: More and more homeowners are using innovative home technology to control their plumbing systems. This includes everything from managing the water heater and thermostat to monitoring water usage and detecting leaks.
2. Green Plumbing: Homeowners are becoming more conscious of their impact on the environment and looking for ways to reduce their energy consumption. Green plumbing fixtures and appliances, such as low-flow toilets and shower heads can help save water and energy.
3. Water Conservation: With the drought conditions in many parts of the country, water conservation is becoming a top priority for homeowners. Low-flow toilets, shower heads, and faucets can help reduce water usage, and grey water systems can recycle water in the landscape. Learn about tankless water heaters here.
4. Universal Design: As the population ages, the demand for universal design features in the home increases. This includes features such as grab bars in the shower and wheelchair-accessible fixtures.
5. Luxury Plumbing: Homeowners are increasingly looking for ways to add luxury features to their homes, such as spa-like showers with multiple showerheads and body sprays. High-end materials, such as stainless steel and copper are also becoming more popular.
Read Bob Vila’s 21 Ways to Create a Spa Bath at Home here.
It’s no secret that plumbing trends come and go. What’s popular one year may be out of style the next.
So, what can we expect to see in plumbing fixtures and design in 2022?
We think that some of the biggest trends will be:
1. continued move towards minimalism and clean lines in both fixtures and design
2. a focus on energy efficiency and water conservation
3. more innovative uses of technology, including voice-activated fixtures and intelligent home integration
4. an increase in the use of natural materials like stone, wood, and bamboo
5. a trend towards outdoor living spaces and away from traditional indoor bathrooms
These are just a few significant trends shaping the plumbing industry today. As the world changes, so too do the plumbing industry. These trends will substantially impact how we live and work in the years to come.
If you’re looking to update your home’s plumbing, keep these trends in mind, and contact a licensed plumber to discuss your options and find the best solution for your needs. They may even suggest great ideas, you haven’t thought of to fix your exact space and needs. If you’re in the Raleigh NC area, call Poole’s Plumbing for more information or to schedule a in home visit.